Greater Columbia, Chapin, Irmo, Lexington and Lake Murray.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
NOW is the time to buy your new downtown Columbia home. Interest rates are near historical lows and special buyer incentives are available. Call Mel Coker, your Columbia Realtor, to see any home at The Battery at Arsenal Hill. With Mel Coker as your buyer's representative, I will offer a $300 Lowes shopping gift card at closing for any home bought in this wonderful community.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
- Prepare yourself for market conditions - Be prepared for fewer showings and longer "days on the market"
- Make a good first impression - That first few seconds in front of a home can make or break a possible sale
- Prepare your home for showing - make your home look like Mr. & Mrs. Clean live there
- Hire an inspector - Very few sellers do it, but, a home pre-inspection may be of great assistance to you in determining what's wrong and what needs to be repaired in your home
- Make repairs - Make repairs that are profitable or will be necessary for the sale of your home (for example, the Buyer will need to have "clean" heating & air and termite inspections
- Special touches inside the home - eliminate odors, add seasonal touches or flowers, turn on lights or open blinds for showings, etc.
- Select the best selling agent - Your choice of a Realtor IS important! Call Mel Coker.
- Set a competitive price - Your home is in a competition... to SELL! An example... if you have a home to sell at $175,000 (close to the average home price in Columbia), you have 524 other homes for sale within 10% of $175,000 (that's just in the most sought after school district areas too). That's a lot of competition!
- Offer a home warranty - buyer's agents will typically negotiate for this anyway and a home warranty gives buyers additional confidence in a real estate transaction
- Be flexible and patient - use feedback and suggestions from your Realtor to make adjustments
Click Here for Mel Coker's Home Selling Tips web page (you can also obtain a Lowes 10% off coupon)
Contact Mel Coker when you're ready to sell your home in the Columbia area. I would be happy to offer a FREE market analysis, answer questions and explain my extensive marketing plan. Your choice of a Realtor IS important!
Telephone: (803) 749-5800
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Barbara and I went on a spur of the moment day trip yesterday (Friday, November 7th) to Charleston. Our primary focus was to visit Patriots Point and the USS Yorktown in Charleston Harbor. Click here to visit our photo tour.
The USS Yorktown (CV-10) was the tenth aircraft carrier to serve in the United States Navy. Yorktown received the Presidential Unit Citation and earned 11 battle stars for service in World War II. Yorktown also earned 5 battle stars for service off Vietnam and recovered the Apollo 8 astronauts and capsule (December 1968). Yorktown was decommissioned in 1970. In 1975, Yorktown was towed from Bayonne, NJ to Charleston to become the centerpiece of Patriots Point Naval and Maritime Museum.
Patriots Point tour exhibits include: USS Yorktown, historic planes and flight deck, USS Laffey, USS Clamagore, USS Ingham, Congressional Medal of Honor Museum, and the Vietnam Support Base.
Patriots Point website
We toured all of Patriots Point and walked some of the Arthur Ravenel Bridge over the Cooper River. My pedometer indicated that we walked 5.4 miles in our Patriots Point and Cooper River bridge walking!
After leaving Patriots Point, we headed over to the market area in Charleston on Meeting Street. We had a great seafood meal at Hymans Seafood (highly recommended!) and walked and shopped in the Market Area.
Charleston Visitors Bureau
Ravenel Bridge over Cooper River
We recommend Charleston highly! Visit soon.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
The City of Columbia will observe the annual Veterans Day Parade on November 11th in downtown Columbia. This parade is one of the largest Veterans Day parades in the United States.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
I get by as often as possible at lunch to enjoy the Blue Plate Special! It IS "special." You will get a delicious entree, two vegetables, iced tea, and dessert bar or cookie. All of this is only $6.95 and it's served Monday - Saturday for lunch AND dinner. Of course, there's much more on the great menu. Click here to see the menu.