Greater Columbia, Chapin, Irmo, Lexington and Lake Murray.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Top 10 Things To Do in Columbia

I've lived in Columbia all of my life and I enjoy getting around Columbia to see the interesting places in our beautiful city. So, I've developed my own Top TEN Things to Do in Columbia list. If you are new to the Columbia area or if you have lived here for many years, you may want to check out my list. Maybe you'll want to print the list and get out soon to check out my top ten. Have comments on my list or wish to share thoughts and experiences on your visits to the places on my list? Share them with a comment on my blog!


Mel's TOP TEN Things to Do in Columbia, South Carolina:
  1. Visit Riverbanks Zoo & Garden
  2. Visit South Carolina State House
  3. Learn about the Palmetto State at the South Carolina State Museum
  4. Visit Another Interesting Museum - choices here or visit them all, including Museum of Art, EdVenture, and more
  5. Visit Historic Homes - more choices... Robert Mills House, Hampton-Preston Mansion, South Carolina Governor's Mansion and more
  6. Experience Lake Murray
  7. Visit a National Park just outside of Columbia - Congaree National Park
  8. Attend a Sports Event - more choices!
  9. Visit a Local Park - many great choices here including: Three Rivers Greenway, Finaly Park, Riverfront Park, Saluda Shoals Park and many more
  10. Day Trip! we're in the geographic center of the state so it's easy to get off for a day or two to another interesting place
Just recently, my wife and I visited (after joining) the historic homes of Historic Columbia Foundation (#5). We had a wonderful tour. Now is a great time to visit the historic Columbia homes with the Christmas decorations. Our pictures: #1 #2 #3 #4

Get out soon and get to know Columbia better with visits to some or all of the places and attractions on my list above. Please let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are great tips!

Columbia also has a lot of great restaurants to offer as well!

Sara