Please note that more detail, pictures and attraction website links are available on my TOP TEN website.
Mel's TOP TEN Things to Do in Columbia, South Carolina:
- Visit Riverbanks Zoo & Garden
- Visit South Carolina State House
- Learn about the Palmetto State at the South Carolina State Museum
- Visit Another Interesting Museum - choices here or visit them all, including Museum of Art, EdVenture, and more
- Visit Historic Homes - more choices... Robert Mills House, Hampton-Preston Mansion, South Carolina Governor's Mansion and more
- Experience Lake Murray
- Visit a National Park just outside of Columbia - Congaree National Park
- Attend a Sports Event - more choices!
- Visit a Local Park - many great choices here including: Three Rivers Greenway, Finaly Park, Riverfront Park, Saluda Shoals Park and many more
- Day Trip! we're in the geographic center of the state so it's easy to get off for a day or two to another interesting place
Just recently, my wife and I visited (after joining) the historic homes of Historic Columbia Foundation (#5). We had a wonderful tour. Now is a great time to visit the historic Columbia homes with the Christmas decorations. Our pictures: #1 #2 #3 #4
Get out soon and get to know Columbia better with visits to some or all of the places and attractions on my list above. Please let me know what you think.
More information: http://www.columbiasouthcarolina.com/todo.html